Role: Director of Product Public Relations and Analyst Relations
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, US
Do you live and breathe PR and AR? Do you secretly wish you could have been a developer but were graced with kickass writing and communications skills over coding abilities?
If the answer is yes, you’re a great perfect fit for our director of product PR role. We’re looking for a hands-on contributor with extensive public relations (PR) and analyst relations (AR) experience as well as a strong technical understanding for project management and developer products for software teams.
This is a full-time position and will report to the head of corporate communications. The position is located onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
What you’ll do:
As Product PR Director, your time will be split between planning and executing PR and AR campaigns for either JIRA or Atlassian’s developer products, managing the product teams speaking opportunities and supporting various corporate initiatives. Specifically, you’ll …
- Work collaboratively with the product team to identify and develop a messaging framework and annual PR and AR plans with measureable goals and deliverables.
- Identify ongoing PR and AR opportunities and story ideas.
- Manage media and analyst relations for the product team, building relationships, scheduling and managing briefings and conducting followup.
- Drive creation of media and market analyst materials including press releases, fact sheets, customer testimonials, contributed articles, speaking abstracts, and market analyst report submissions
- Work with social media, customer, partner and user group teams to leverage PR and AR opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
What you’ve done:
- Minimum 6-8 years PR experience, preferably a combination of agency and in-house experience.
Demonstrated creative thinking abilities.
- Experience measuring impact and ROI of PR campaigns – metrics driven.
- Confident communicator. Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills including press releases and internal marketing presentations.
- Experience as a spokesperson with traditional and social media.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize high profile projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly motivated, works well individually and on a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Could you be the one?
Here are a few more qualities we’re looking for:
- You’ve got a knack for knowing what will interest media and market analysts and how to shape messaging for different audiences
- You’re deeply immersed and well versed in tech, including all things software developer-oriented.
- You’re a natural relationship builder – you’re in it for the long haul with reporters, analysts, and other industry people.
- You’re a self-starter plus you can “rally the troops” to get a project complete
- You believe in tracking progress and measuring results
- You are looking for a challenge
About this company:
Atlassian is a rapidly growing software company with offices in Sydney, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Gdansk, and Manila. We have enjoyed 40 straight quarters of profitability, and are embarking upon a unique inflection point in our growth cycle. Atlassian’s mission is to enable teams to advance humanity through the power of software. Our web-based applications help software teams be productive and collaborative, and we have gained enormous user loyalty that spans 30,000 customers including half of the Fortune 500. Our applications like JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, and Bitbucket enable teams to communicate, track projects, collaborate on content, and collaborate on code development.
We’re also proud of our company values, which encourage each employee to forge a meaningful impact on the company and their career development. Our awesome new office has a fully stocked kitchen, free lunch, beer/kombucha on tap, pool/foosball/ping pong tables, Xbox, in-office yoga, espresso, juicers, bike amenities, showers, towel service and massage chairs. We offer an unlimited vacation policy, gym membership, and have frequent company outings and events. Browse our website to find out more about what a unique place Atlassian is to work!
Originally on LinkedIn