Zendesk is looking for an experienced and passionate analyst relations expert and communicator with strong industry analyst relationships and a journalist’s eye for uncovering compelling customer stories and trends. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Communications, this role will manage Zendesk’s analyst relations and customer reference programs, develop ongoing relationships with analysts, customers and emerging reviews sites, and support communications and marketing initiatives with analyst research, customer stories and industry validation.
- Develop and manage Zendesk’s industry analyst program and strategy to ensure ongoing coverage in reports, scorecards and research
- Build strong industry analyst relationships, and lead ongoing briefings with executives
- Monitor analyst research agenda and coverage, and share relevant research throughout the company including in marketing, communications and sales
- Manage the annual Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave evaluation processes to ensure best position
- Develop and manage Zendesk’s customer reference program with a focus on inserting customer stories and perspectives into marketing and PR launches, analyst relations, and media case studies and trend stories
- Proactively research and uncover new customer examples that are newsworthy, and build trusted relationships with key reference customers
- Manage Zendesk listings on top software review sites, such as GetApp and Software Advice, and develop campaigns to drive more positive reviews and competitive positioning
- Create marketing campaigns to leverage analyst reports, review site rankings and customer examples in lead generation, launches and communications/PR outreach
- Prepare, write and edit analyst presentations and materials, contributed stories, press releases, quotes and case studies
- Solid industry analyst and media relationships, and the placements to prove it
- Track record of flawlessly executing on analyst relations and customer PR and reference programs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a knack for tying product and company developments to larger industry trends and research. A precise grammarian and expert at AP style (writing samples required).
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills–both internally and externally.
- Unfazed by constant change and quick to adapt to new challenges
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams
- An eye for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence, and the curiosity and drive to discover newsworthy information
- A minimum of 6-8 years of tech PR, analyst relations and/or customers reference experience, with a preference for candidates that have a combination of all three. B2B experience also preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
About this Company:
Zendesk provides a customer service platform designed to bring organizations and their customers closer together. With more than 40,000 customer accounts, Zendesk is used by organizations in 140 countries to provide support in more than 40 languages. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Learn more at http://www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Originally on LinkedIn.