Reporting directly to the Director, Analyst Relations, the Sr. Manager Industry Analyst Relations will drive both inbound and outbound information-sharing programs for our end-user computing team. Inbound AR programs will leverage analyst research and opinion to clearly convey technology and business trends and market information to internal marketing, product and executive teams. Outbound AR programs will focus on developing strong relationships and conveying information to analysts from tier-1 and tier-2 industry analyst firms.
The individual in this position will establish and maintain strong, positive relationships between VMware and industry analysts and collaborate effectively across multiple VMware organizations (including engineering, alliances, M&A;, marketing, and sales) to create and implement cohesive and consistent analyst relations programs.
We are looking for a confident, motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong verbal and written communications. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help build and evolve the Global Industry Analyst Relations program as the company continues to grow.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive tiered analyst relations programs that ensure proactive and results-oriented communication with all analysts who cover VMware’s products and services. This includes deepening our relationship with key analysts from top firms through high touch activities as well as building volume based communications programs targeted at 2nd and 3rd tier analysts.
- Manage VMware vendor or product ratings and industry analyst reports ranking VMware and VMware’s products and services, including Gartner Magic Quadrants/Marketscopes, Forrester Waves, IDC Marketscapes, etc.
- Cultivate analysts who can serve as positive media, partner and customer references, as well as leverage analysts for pro-VMware communications through reprints, sponsored whitepapers or surveys, speaking engagements, and webcasts.
- Serve as a legitimate and credible spokesperson for the company and proactively communicate relevant news, information and business unit developments to the analyst community.
- Provide key direction for programs such as annual analyst conference, buddy programs, strategic consulting sessions, monthly open calls, and leadership tours.
- Provide executive communications support including presentations, briefings, and talking points to assist with the development of communications. This includes extracting relevant information and data. from analyst reports and surveys.
- Actively synthesize content and share knowledge and insight from analyst reports and data to team members across Business Units, Global Communications and broader marketing teams.
The candidate should possess the following capabilities:
- A minimum of 7 years communications experience in high-tech, with minimum of 5 years in analyst relations at 1B+ companies.
- A proven track record of successfully representing high technology companies in competitive environments to the analyst community.
- Independent thinking combined with a flexible, hands-on yet mentoring work style in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and relatively unstructured environment.
- A reputation as a self-starter. The right person will also be adept at working in a team environment to define new processes and policies to ensure a best-in-class AR program.
- Strong project management skills, including handling multiple assignments from conception to completion.
- The confidence, comfort and instinct required to interact with and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders, including executives.
- A strong technical mind with the ability to quickly extract, synthesize, and relay key information from multiple sources without becoming overwhelmed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- A very, very good sense of humour.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
About this company:
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2013 revenues of $5.21 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 55,000 partners, and 14,000+ employees in 50+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what’s next in IT? Learn more at and apply here.
Originally on LinkedIn