Role: Director of Analyst Relations
Company: Tableau Software, Inc.
Location: Seattle, WA, US
As Director, Analyst Relations, you will focus on public facing, outbound activities to effectively communicate Tableau’s unique value proposition and differentiation in business intelligence and analytics to the analyst community. You will own and execute on a strategy that creatively utilizes personal relationships with analysts, social media and other online channels to communicate Tableau’s unique advantages compared to competitive offerings. As a result, industry analysts and influencers (and indirectly end-users, IT practitioners, business and technical decision makers) will clearly understand the compelling value that Tableau delivers. In this role, you will also be expected to be a prominent speaker at industry, internal, partner, customer, user group and other public events (both online and in-person events).
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Own and execute on the strategy to publicly communicate to analysts Tableau’s product differentiation / value proposition, compared to competitive offerings
- Manage analyst relationships. Ensure that we are briefing core analysts regularly, expanding our reach among analysts in international markets, and using their services and advice to assist Tableau on key questions.
- Utilize social media (blogs, twitter, video/podcasts, etc.) to accomplish the above and also dispel competitive claims/FUD
- Seek and fulfill on opportunities to speak at industry conferences and partner events; attend tradeshows as part of the exhibition/marketing team
- Work closely with the marketing team, particularly the product marketing, community, public relations and partner teams, to ensure we have coordinated outreach
- Be a public voice for Tableau on the web; build relationships with other industry influencers so they understand and reflect our differentiated product value
- Write thought leadership content (papers, blog posts, presentations, etc.) to share across Tableau
- Participate in marketing programs across PR, social media, website, customer references, lead generation and other marketing programs to maximize alignment and impact
Who you are…
- Experienced. 10+ years established as an expert in the business intelligence industry with experience in creating and executing marketing plans that evangelize and influence. BA/BS or equivalent required; MBA or MS degree a plus
- Well connected. Existing contacts/relationship with key industry influencers a requirement
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Exceptional writing and communication skills; ability to synthesize complex topics into memorable sound-bites; track record of creating compelling content
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You love the idea of sharing the Tableau story. You have demonstrated ability to speak to a wide range of audiences, from technical folks to senior business decision makers.
- IIAR membership and accreditation preferred, although not essential.