Proofpoint seeks a dynamic, proactive and hands-on analyst relations professional to oversee, develop and execute our industry analyst relations strategy. In this role you will be responsible for the ongoing success of Proofpoint’s analyst relations program. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, outstanding communications skills, strong relationships with enterprise analysts in the IT security, archiving and/or cloud computing space and an appreciation for how analyst relations can impact lead generation, product marketing, product management, public relations and corporate branding initiatives.
- Create and execute the strategy and tactics required to maintain and improve Proofpoint’s relationships with industry analysts and rankings within key industry analyst reports.
- Manage analyst relations budget including research subscriptions to multiple firms, reprints and analyst strategy days. Negotiate subscription renewals and maximize value of analyst services.
- Be a product expert, capable of being a key contributor to important analyst research initiatives including Magic Quadrants, Waves and other critical reports.
- Actively monitor and distribute relevant research and provide strategic input to product marketing, product management, business development and executive teams.
- Plan, schedule and manage analyst briefings as well as strategic advisory days
- Partner with marketing programs and corporate marketing teams to deliver content and programs to drive lead generation.
- Clearly articulate product and corporate messaging to a wide variety of external audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Increase Proofpoint’s visibility and reputation with key influencers.
- BA/BS in technology, communications or business preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in analyst relations in the technology industry
- IT security, enterprise software, archiving/storage and/or cloud computing experience highly desirable
- Collaboration and experience with PR and IR in a public company is a huge plus
- Experience in product marketing a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrable track record of positive relationships with top-tier analysts
- Strong technical bent and an ability to deeply understand highly technical products
- Flexible, “can do” attitude in the face of rapidly evolving markets, product requirements and corporate objectives
- Understand and demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with all levels within an organization.
- The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, team-oriented and have a great sense of humor.
- Up to 20% travel
Proofpoint, Inc. helps the largest and most successful companies in the world protect and govern their most sensitive data. Founded in 2002 by the former CTO of Netscape and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Proofpoint was funded by top Silicon Valley investors, including Benchmark Capital and Mohr Davidow Ventures before going public earlier this year.
Please note that Proofpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Proofpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Proofpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
- Posted: July 2, 2013
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Not Applicable
- Functions: Sales, Business Development, Management
- Industries: Computer & Network Security, Computer Software
- Employer Job ID: 2240
- Job ID: 5965013
- Apply on Company Website