Manager, European Analyst Relations, Amazon Web Services
LU, Luxembourg • Job ID 225675 • Amazon EU SARL
Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to drive execution of our AR program. The European Analyst Relations Manager role is tasked with driving awareness of the rapidly expanding number of services in the AWS technology infrastructure portfolio. The AWS European AR Manager must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
The preferred location for this role is Luxembourg.
Core Job responsibilities:
There are thousands of analysts at hundreds of firms worldwide who are trying to understand and help customers understand the new paradigm of cloud computing. We need to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different than traditional IT infrastructure offerings. The AWS European AR Manager will be responsible for:
· Working with Senior Manager, Worldwide Analyst Relations – based in the US – to extend, execute and continue to innovate AWS’s worldwide AR plan and approach.
· Ensuring factually accurate representation of AWS in analyst research by driving analyst awareness of AWS service offerings and significantly expanding analyst understanding – across Europe – of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing.
· Proactively and simultaneously manage multiple vendor ratings, and securing accurate placement of AWS services in key reports such as the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave.
· Sales enablement via securing and distributing third-party validation of AWS services.
· Executing and innovating on-going AR program activities, such as analyst briefings, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics.
· Integrating with PR, marketing and engineering teams to inform analysts on service and feature launches for ever-expanding portfolio of AWS services.
· Prioritizing and quickly responding to incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research.
· Technology AR experience required.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Team player and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Outstanding attention to detail.
· Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
· Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR.
· Big thinker with a bias for action.
· English required.
· Previous, first-hand experience delivering analyst tours, analyst summits, and other events is a plus.
· Fluency in German, French and/or Spanish is a plus.