WPP Team Dell/PPR-North America is looking for an exceptional Account Supervisor or Managing Supervisor to join a fantastic team dedicated to a large, global technology company. The ideal candidate should have solid media relations skills, be highly motivated and be able to manage multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines. We are also looking for someone to have strong analyst relations knowledge as this will be a hybrid role combining PR/AR. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with clients, media and colleagues around the world.
This person will be responsible for leading teams across 2-4 business units (e.g. servers, storage, networking, software and more) in the enterprise technology division of our large global technology client. You will lead by example in key activities including planning and execution of communications campaigns, drafting materials and planning major media events.
If you enjoy the thrill of learning new areas of enterprise technology and brainstorming trends like Big Data, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibility and Scope
• Must be able to manage an overall program including press releases, media relations, and writing.
• Enhance knowledge about the client’s competitive environment by reading news, monitoring competitive activity and conducting research.
• Use industry expertise to identify trends and their relevance to client work.
• Actively participate in and contribute to the development of account plans and proactive ideas.
• Experience brainstorming and executing thought leadership campaigns in enterprise technology.
• Offer a solid understanding of the client’s media landscape and develop relationships with key enterprise technology and business media contacts; leverage them to pitch proactive stories or announcements for clients, and to discover media trends and competitive industry activity.
• Maintain regular contact with clients and proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs.
• Demonstrate strong writing skills by successfully developing, proofreading and editing materials such as briefing documents, pitches, press releases, fact sheets, Q&A’s, and client correspondence.
• Independently manage internal and client-facing reporting, including weekly and monthly activity reports, and project dashboards.
• Have a general understanding of social media elements and contribute ideas and strategy to teammates and clients.
• Independently and proactively suggest campaign ideas that will enhance the client’s communications program.
• 7+ years of work experience in public relations
• 5+ years of work experience in enterprise technology
• Experience working in some aspect of enterprise technology (such as servers, storage, networking, or software) is required
• Prior PR agency experience with a large technology company as a client is a plus
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent writer/editor with strong attention to detail
• Keen client management skills
• Experienced leading and mentoring a team
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work under deadlines
• Event planning experience
• Social media savvy
• Eagerness to learn in a fast-past integrated environment
• New hire will be based in the San Francisco office