My client is seeking a Corporate Director for the Industry Analyst Relations (AR) office. My client is a leading global IT Solutions provider with over 270,000 current employees and $10billion in global revenues. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of AR professionals that handle their analyst relations activities.
The Director, Industry Analyst Relations is responsible for managing the development, implementation, and coordination of my client’s industry analyst relations strategies, and maintaining strong business partnerships between them and targeted industry analyst firms. Key responsibilities of this senior level role include the fiscal and staff management of the Corporate AR Office, support and assessment of AR initiatives at the Business Unit and Geography organizational levels, and the promotion of programs with executives and key analysts that result in my client’s positive market position.
The position is based in North America and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
– Develop and promote strategic relationships with executives and key industry analysts
– Implementation of the Corporate AR Program initiatives
– Responsible for the Corporate AR Budget that includes analyst firm subscriptions, CRM program, travel and staff expenses
– Participate in selection of the key strategic analyst list and related interactions with executives
– Review and assist, in conjunction with the Corporate AR office all information / messaging for research report requests
– Drive placement in key reports and ratings, and clearly communicate my clients competitive positioning with assigned analyst firm.
– Participate in, and as needed, organize analyst relationship meetings for site visits and regional events.
– Attend appropriate analyst firm’s events.
– Plan and review monthly with the AR Co-Executive Sponsors on the strategic and tactical activities for the Corporate AR initiatives
– Train and coach executives and business unit contacts regarding analyst research, needs and findings.
– Manages IAR measurement and feedback to executives and constituents
Success factors and key attributes:
Minimum of 10+ years of IT related services and/or product industry, with 15+ overall experience.
Experience in Analyst Relations, Influencer Relations and/or Marketing required.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Comfortable with, and capable of, working in a multicultural environment.
Ability to understand and operate in a technological environment with organizational complexity.
Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize third-party analysis and research for cross-functional audiences, including senior executives.
Self organized team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives.
Able to operate in matrix organization and manage multiple projects concurrently.
Comfortable with technology concepts and a general knowledge of the IT industry.
Some travel required