Please go to www.analystrelations.org for our new website, packed with features!
Last year, as part of the 2014 IIAR Analyst of The Year Survey, we invited analyst relations professionals to rate their favourite industry analyst individuals and the firms they worked for. More than 60 individual organisations responded to our survey. We were interested to see if we could do further analysis on the data that was collected.
When we set out to do the IIAR Analyst of the Year (with Helen Chantry), we always had envisioned doing a Magic Quadrant of analyst firms. This year the survey provided us with further information which we have been able to breakdown and analyse to provide a more detailed understanding of how analyst relations professionals perceive the relevance, impact and reachability of industry analyst firms. We are not claiming that this is an exhaustive study. Rather it simply opens a new (slightly cheeky – hence the notion of “Tragic Quadrant”) window onto the analyst landscape, where we attempt to rank industry analyst firms by impact, relevance and ease to do business with. Continue reading
Filed under: IIAR | Comments Off on The IIAR 2015 “Tragic Quadrant”
The IIAR is excited to announce the launch of our newly designed, fully refreshed, version of this IIAR Blog/Website, which goes live over this weekend, (4th and 5th, October 2014). Hopefully the transition will be smooth and the IIAR web presence will have a fresh new look over this weekend. Please excuse interruption in normal service during the change-over and any “construction in progress” pages, they will be updated soon. If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to contact us at info (at) analystrelations (dot) org
We hope you like it !
Role: Director of Product Public Relations and Analyst Relations
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, US
Do you live and breathe PR and AR? Do you secretly wish you could have been a developer but were graced with kickass writing and communications skills over coding abilities?
If the answer is yes, you’re a great perfect fit for our director of product PR role. We’re looking for a hands-on contributor with extensive public relations (PR) and analyst relations (AR) experience as well as a strong technical understanding for project management and developer products for software teams. Continue reading
Zendesk is looking for an experienced and passionate analyst relations expert and communicator with strong industry analyst relationships and a journalist’s eye for uncovering compelling customer stories and trends. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Communications, this role will manage Zendesk’s analyst relations and customer reference programs, develop ongoing relationships with analysts, customers and emerging reviews sites, and support communications and marketing initiatives with analyst research, customer stories and industry validation.
- Develop and manage Zendesk’s industry analyst program and strategy to ensure ongoing coverage in reports, scorecards and research
- Build strong industry analyst relationships, and lead ongoing briefings with executives
- Monitor analyst research agenda and coverage, and share relevant research throughout the company including in marketing, communications and sales
- Manage the annual Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave evaluation processes to ensure best position
- Develop and manage Zendesk’s customer reference program with a focus on inserting customer stories and perspectives into marketing and PR launches, analyst relations, and media case studies and trend stories
- Proactively research and uncover new customer examples that are newsworthy, and build trusted relationships with key reference customers
- Manage Zendesk listings on top software review sites, such as GetApp and Software Advice, and develop campaigns to drive more positive reviews and competitive positioning
- Create marketing campaigns to leverage analyst reports, review site rankings and customer examples in lead generation, launches and communications/PR outreach
- Prepare, write and edit analyst presentations and materials, contributed stories, press releases, quotes and case studies
- Solid industry analyst and media relationships, and the placements to prove it
- Track record of flawlessly executing on analyst relations and customer PR and reference programs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a knack for tying product and company developments to larger industry trends and research. A precise grammarian and expert at AP style (writing samples required).
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills–both internally and externally.
- Unfazed by constant change and quick to adapt to new challenges
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams
- An eye for simplifying complex topics and technologies to their essence, and the curiosity and drive to discover newsworthy information
- A minimum of 6-8 years of tech PR, analyst relations and/or customers reference experience, with a preference for candidates that have a combination of all three. B2B experience also preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
About this Company:
Zendesk provides a customer service platform designed to bring organizations and their customers closer together. With more than 40,000 customer accounts, Zendesk is used by organizations in 140 countries to provide support in more than 40 languages. Founded in 2007 and headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. Learn more at http://www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Originally on LinkedIn.
In a roundtable discussion, led by high-level and experienced AR professionals who have a proven track record for developing and running highly regarded AR programmes, these are some of the questions we’ll be answering at our next UK meeting.
Before this discussion, there’s an exclusive session with IDC. Marianne Kolding (LinkedIn), the Vice President of European Services Research at IDC, will be speaking on its reach and influence with the end-user community. Continue reading
We are seeking a Director of Analyst Relations to lead our communication efforts with analysts covering the advertising technology industry. Working closely with the product marketing organization, the Director of Analyst Relations will be responsible for articulating TubeMogul’s vision and product roadmap to industry analysts as well as providing timely updates about new products and features to the analyst community. The role will be responsible for defining our analyst communication strategy, developing analyst-facing materials and maintaining strong relationships with industry analysts and financial analysts around the world. The Director of Analyst Relations will report to the CMO. Continue reading